Friday, March 4, 2011

Chapter .8 You Can't Be Serious!!!

   Chapter .8


 "Hey beautiful, how are you today?" his soft baritone resonated through her body. All she could do was smile.


    "I'm good. Just at the studio with-" she paused for a moment. She didn't want to tell him who she really was there with, so she switched up her answer. "- with a friend..."


    Overhearing the conversation taking place, Wayne drew speechless. He took a step back in shock. He couldn't believe she reduced him to being a 'friend'. 'Who could she be talking to that she wouldn't say who I was?' ran across his mind as he began to grow anxious. He stepped closer to the door to further listen.


    "I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I just wanted to hear your voice."


    "It's ok. How are you doing?" she said softly. Gypsy saw a chair by the window in the hallway and decided to sit down while on the phone.


    "I'm fine now." That made her smile even the more. "So what did you think about the flowers? They weren't too much were they?" he asked.


    "Nooo!! They were beautiful! I loved them! Even my sister felt they were beautiful." Gypsy answered.


    "Well I'm happy you loved them. I know you're a busy woman, so what's your schedule like for the next couple months?" Pretty Boy asked.


    "Well, other than recording in the studio and business meetings, I will be touring soon with some of my fellow label mates" Gypsy had a feeling he was up to something, but didn't say anything about it to him.


    "How long is the tour?" he asked.


    "It starts in March, and ends May 1. So, about two months?" she looked up trying to make sure she calculated it right.


    "Oh ok. Well I hope you enjoy yourself. Seems like a long time to be on the road."


    "It is, but you get use to it after a while. Especially after getting on stage and seeing the crowd go wild!" They both let out a laugh as they continued their conversation.


    "On the other side of the door, Wayne was trying to wrap his mind around what just happened. The way Shanell was acting towards him all of a sudden made him wonder. Is it wrong that he cares a lot about her and doesn't want to see her get hurt? Trying to clear his mind, he decided to make a call.


    "Hello?" Twist said, answering the phone.


    "Yo, get down here to the studio.." Wayne let out a big sigh. Twist could hear the tension and stress in his voice.


    "Ight bro, I'm on my way." They hung up and Wayne goes back to the the booth. Not being able to really focus, he sits on the couch and smokes a cigar to relax.


    Twist finally arrives, and sees Shanell sitting by the window. He nods his head to her while messing with her hair. "Hey sis!"


    "Twist stop!" she laughs as she tries to defend herself. He leaves her alone and enters the studio. He sits next to Wayne, and slaps him up. They begin to talk about what happened earlier and how Gypsy has been acting weird around him lately. Twist nods at him before finally chiming in.


    "Well it's not just you that noticed her acting different. Remember what happened before?" Twist brings up that one incident when he told Wayne about Gypsy. "But I also know that you care about her more than just some friend" Wayne's heart began to speed up. "I'm close to Shanell also, but when it comes to her dating, you are a little more protective than I am."


    "I know. It's just I don't want her to get hurt like before. She's a queen that deserves nothing but the best. She deserves a man who can give her the finer things, who can love her unconditionally.." Wayne answers.


    Without looking up from his phone, Twist comments. "From what I hear, it sounds like you're that man." Wayne's heart stops. Trying not to be suspicious, he gets up and walks away.


    "That's not what I meant" even though deep down he did. "I just want her to be happy, dude"


    "Oh ok big bro." Wayne goes to sit back down. They switch the subject and start messing with the different beats and recording. They didn't realize that Gypsy had been listening to the entire conversation.


    She walks back into the studio, trying to keep het composure. Gypsy sat behind them on the couch and began to think about what she had just heard. It was all beginning to add up. She was speechless. Snapping her out of her daze, Wayne asked her a question.


    "You ready to finish the song?"


    "Ahhhh, yea, I'm ready." She gets up and walks to the booth. Clearing her mind, she slayed the vocals and hook to the song. Finally finished in the studio, she walks out to her car. She sits there for a while before finally heading home. Suddenly, Gypsy's phone starts ring Moment 4 Life. It was Nicki.


    "Hey Nelly! What's up?" Nicki was excited to hear Shanell's voice.


    "What's up Nicki, just on my way home from the studio." Gypsy answers.


    "Oh ok. Well I'm in Atlanta and wanted to hook up for dinner." Nicki was hoping she would say yes.


    "Sure, meet me at Straits, since I'm 10 minutes away from it." Nicki agreed and they hung up the phone.


    Gypsy reaches the restaurant and had the car valet. Gypsy entered the building and saw Nicki with three other girls. She was surprised, because she thought it was only going to be Nicki. She walks up to the table and sits down


    "Hey Nelly! These are my barbs Ashlyn (TygasBarbie) , Liz (TeamMinajEdwar), and Sahjanay (TeamMinajDimple). I wanted to treat them to dinner with us." Nicki said excitedly.


    "Hey everyone! Nice to meet you all." Gypsy answers as she gets settled in. She breaks the ice by asking them a quesion. "So how are you guys enjoying Atlanta right now?"


    Ashlyn and Sahjanay answer, "It's great! I love it here!"


    "I.m just happy to be in the prescence of you and Nicki." Liz answers as she begins to blush. The waitress came and they ordered their food and drinks. They made casual conversation as the night grew older. Once done, Gypsy left the reataurant early. Before driving off, her phone goes off. It was a text from Nicki.


"I didn't want to say anything in front of the barbs, but we need to talk."

    She responds back saying "Ok, meet me at my house" Reaching her house, she opens the door and was greeted by Sixxy. She picks him up, and heads to the living room. On her coffee table, sits a big bouque of red roses with a note in it. It was from Wayne.

"Dear Shanell,
Sorry if I upset you, but
I just want what's best
for you.
Love,
Weezy"

    Her heart began to warm as she read it. But then, it made her remember what he had said to Twist earlier. She walked up the stairs, to her bathroom. She took a long relaxing shower to wash off the stresses of the day. Gypsy steps out, dries off, and throws on some semi pajamas as she waited for Nicki to arrive. The doorbell rang. It was Nicki.

    "Hey Nelly! You remember my barbs. They wanted to see your house. Is that ok?" Nicki said hoping she wasn't imposing on the Gypsy.

    "It's ok. Come in." She motions for them to come into the living room where they could watch tv, or play the Wii. As they enter, the barbs were mesmerized by Shanell's house.

    "Your house is BEAUTIFUL!!" Liz says as her jaw dropped in amazement. Gypsy lets out a laugh.

    "Thanks! Do you guys want to play the Wii?" Shanell asks.

   "Sure!" the barbs answered together. Nicki motions to Gypsy to go into the hallway. Shanell could see that Nicki was concerned about something.

    "So are you and Wayne ok? I was talking to Wayne earlier and-" Gypsy turns away, and heads to the kitchen. Nicki follows behind her. "I know it's none of my business. but you guys are like family to me." Nicki says. Gypsy finally answers.

    "Lately, Wayne has been acting jealous when it come to certain things in my life. We were in the studio today, and she saw a text from Pretty Boy, this guy I'm talking to. Nicki, I'm just getting tired of the constant questioning." Gypsy lets out a sigh.

    "I know how you feel. But when it all comes down to it, you know he means well," Nicki says, "I just hope yall get back to normal." Nicki and Gypsy peer their head into the living room. They laugh at the sight of the barbs playing Just Dance. Walking back to the living room, Gypsy picks up her phone, to send a message to Pretty Boy.

"Sorry I didn't call back, I got super busy. I will make it up to you later <3"

    He texts back, "It's ok Gorgeous. Talk to you in the morning"



TBC.......
Danielle aka Shawn @TeamSNLTampa
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment