Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chapter .7 A Day of Surprises

    Chapter .7


A couple of weeks have gone by, and Gypsy has been swamped with interviews, performances, photoshoots, and studio time. Rarely getting time for herself, she would still manage to keep in touch with the people that truly mattered.Finally getting a day off, she spends most of the morning lounging in bed with Sixxy. Laying in between her 1500 thread count Egyptian bedding, she soaks up the rays of sunlight that gently swept into her room.


    Her phone goes off. It was a text form Pretty Boy. Her face began to light up as she read the message. She loved talking to him, he made her feel so warm and she wasn't use to being put first. "Good Morning Beautiful. Hope you enjoy your day off. Can't wait to see you, and I hope you love the flowers." Her faced showed confusion. 'What does he mean by enjoy the flowers/' ran through her mind as she looked at the text again. Finally deciding to get out of bed, Gypsy throws on her robe and heads down stairs.




    As she throws her hair in a messy bun, she stops at the foot of the stairs. She couldn't believe her eyes. Gypsy's living room was filled with dozens of red and white roses. On her mahogany wood coffee table, sat the biggest bouque of roses. In them was a note, that read:


"Dear Shanell,
I know youre always busy,
but I think you should
stop to smell the roses.
-Pretty Boy"

    Her jaw dropped in amazement. She couldn't believe he did this. She's never received anything this extravagant. A small tear began to flow down her cheek as she reread the note. Suddenly, there was a knock at her door. She rushes to her door, being summoned out of her trans. She opens the door, and it was D. Woods.

    "Hey girl, I hope your not-" She stopped in mid sentenced as she noticed the room filled with flowers. She slowly turns her head to face Shanell and gives her a suspicious look. "Who sent all these?!" she asks.

    "Remember when I told you about the guy mom wants to set me up with?" Gypsy walks back into the living room to sit on the couch.

    "You didn't tell me ANYTHING about a MAN!!" She quickly follows behind Shanell and sits next to her on the couch. "Start from the beginning and leave out no details!" D. stares at her sister as she begins to speak.

    "Ok, well a couple weeks ago, frost and I had a show and afterwards mom called to check on me. I knew something was up because the first thing she asked was how I was doing and if I ever get lonely..." At this point D. hasn't blinked since the Shanell started talking. "After she cut the small talk, she told me that she has found a guy that she feels is perfect for me and to give him a chance."

   "So have you talked to him yet?"

  "Girl! Mom gave him my number, and I'm guessing my address, before telling me about him. He texted me the next day." D. Woods jaw drops. She quickly has a flashback to when they went out to dinner that one day. She cuts her a look, while Gypsy smells the flowers.

    "So that's why you were acting all funny at dinner! I knew you were up to something! So tell me about him"

    "His nickname is Pretty Boy, he's 37 and was born in California. He loves to surf, and takes up Jiu-Jitsu. Oh! and he has a daughter." Shanell answers as she finally puts the vase back on the table. She heads up stairs, and D is right benind her. She's not letting Gypsy off that easy. They finish their conversation about Pretty Boy in Shanell's closet.

    Deciding not to lounge around all day, they decided to have a sister day. By now it is 12:30 in the afternoon and Shanell is dressed, wearing her straight leg jeans, a pink graphic tee that says 'I'm a Rockstar!', and some black Ugg boots. They went shopping and had luch at Straits.......

-

    They arrive back to Shanell's place with a trunk full of bags. They even went to a pet store and picked up a few trinkets for Sixxy. They take the bags up to Shanell's room, and begin to put the clothes up as they show them off to each other. While enjoying each other's company, Gypsy's phone goes off. Runnin' was playing so she immediately knew who is was.

    "Hey Wayne."

    "What up Nellz, what you doin?" Wayne asks.

    "Just got home from hanging with D."

    "Oh true. Well I know this ya day to relax, but can you come into the studio? I need you to do the vocals for the chorus."

    "Sure, I will be there soon" she answers.

    She leaves the rest of the clothes on the closet floor. They decide to part their separate ways , and Shanell heads for the studio. Once there, she walks in and sits on the couch. Wayne is playing the track in the background.

    "So I see you been busy. You ready?"

   "Gotta stay busy to make this money! And yeap." She places her stuff down beside him and goes into the booth to kill the chorus. While in there her phone vibrated and Wayne noticed it said Txt: Pretty Boy, but doesn't say anything about it. She steps out the booth and goes to sit next to him. He plays her vocals back for her to hear. She checks her phone, and tries to hide her excitement. Growing curious, he begins to question her.

    "You like it?" he asks to warm up.

    "Yea, it sounds like fiyah!" They both laugh at how Gypsy said it. Without hesitation, he askes her what I he really meant to ask.

    "I noticed your phone been goin off like crazy.."

    "Yea, alot of people need me" she says.

    "So who's Pretty Boy...?" Gypsy could feel her heart rate begin to speed. Trying not to face him directly, she keeps her head down, looking at her phone. 'Oh Shit!' is all she could think......






TBC....
Danielle @TeamSNLTampa

No comments:

Post a Comment