Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Interlude

Feeling confident about the track she just recorded, Shanell continued to jam to the playback. She looks down to her phone and realizes she has an incoming call. She hesitantly answers."Hello?"


"So tell me more about yourself. What do you for fun?"


"Well dancing and hanging out with my girls in the studio is fun for me. What about you?"


"Well, I take up martial arts. Jiu-jitsu to be exact"


"Ohhhh, and how is that going?" She asks.


"I'm a purple belt. So its going great" he let's out a small chuckle. Impressed, she nods her head while on the phone. Casual banter began to fill the studio, 'his voice is sexy' is what ran through her mind. She walks over to the couch and lays down as the conversation continues. He reveals to her that he's 37and has a daughter.


"She's my life..." he begins."I was born in California, so I'm the typical surfer. I also own a couple of dogs and they're always with me at the beach..." Gypsy loved the fact that he spent time with his pets, because she loved Sixxy just as much as she would her natural child.


The conversation continues as she looks at the clock. She realizes that an hour has passed. His deep, baritone voice chimes in, "I've been doing most of the talking, I want to know more about you gorgeous" chills went down her skin. All these compliments and attention he's been giving her were all new to Gypsy. 'Too good to be true' is what she thought as he talked. Plus, how would Wayne react if he knew she was talking to someone. The incident at her house flashed in her head for a split second. Realizing there was an awkward silence, she finally answers.


" I'm sorry, I was distracted with something" semi telling the truth."I'm originally from Springfield, Massachusetts. But I moved to Atlanta..." she continued to talk to him, only sharing what she felt comfortable with. She looked at the clock and saw that it was now 1:37 in the morning. She needed to get back home to take care of Sixxy. Sensing something was bothering her, he spoke up.


"I see that its getting late, and I don't want to hold oh up any longer. It was nice hearing that sexy voice of yours." She let's out a giggle.


"Well thank you, I enjoyed hearing your voice as well."


They said their goodbyes and Hung up the phone. Humming the vocals she just recorded, a smile ran across her face. There was something about him that intrigued her. She didn't know what it was, but she liked it. Leaving the studio, she hoped in her Mercedes and headed home...................
-
After stopping for a midnight snack, she pulls into her driveway and turns the car off. Approaching the front door, Sixxy began to bark in excitement. She opened the sore, picked him up, and they retired to her bedroom. She placed him on the floor as she continued to walk into her bathroom. She turns on the shower, and begins to undress. The steam began to fill the room. She steps in and let's out a deep sigh. The water gently fell on her soft, silk skin; the steam feeling like aroma therapy for the exhausted Gypsy Queen. Once finished, she steps out, gently drying off. She throws on her night clothes as she checks her phone.


She sees a text from pretty boy."I can't wait to see you. We can go wherever you want..its all about you" this made her smile as she climbed into her bed and snuggled in with Sixxy. She sent a text back saying "likewise :)". Soon after she was fast asleep.








 
TBC....
Danielle @TeamSNLTampa

No comments:

Post a Comment