Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interlude

   It's 12:51 and Shanell is on her MacBook tweeting about her performance. She looks at her phone and notices she missed a call from her mom, Ms. Sharon. She wondered why her mother was calling so late, so she calls back immediately.


  "Hey mom, sorry I missed your call. Is everything ok?" Gypsy asks.


   "Everything is fine, I was just thinking about you, so I decided to call.", her mother answers.


   "Oh ok, I'm fine. Me and Frost just got back to the hotel."


   "How was the performance?", her mother asks


   "It was great! So what were you thinking about so late at night?" It was almost 4 in the morning where her mother was.


   "Well, I wanted to ask you something." Shanell semi held her breath is anticipation. "With all that you do, I just worry about you at night being by yourself."


  Shanell's face dropped because she could see where this conversation was going. 'Why is everyone so worried about MY love life' is all she could ask herself as her mother talked.


   "Honey, I want you to start dating again.You're always busy, and I know you get lonely at times. You should have someone you can come home to!"


   "But I do..Sixxy!" Shanell answers


   They both laughed at her comment.


   "Shanell I'm serious!" her mother says in a small giggle.


   "I know mom but I told you, I'm not ready to give my heart to anyone right now" She said in a serious voice. "I want to drop my mixtape, album, and clothing line first. Then maybe in the near future"


   "Its been four years, I know there's a good man out there that will treat you like the Queen you are, who will respect and love you. So with that said, I have the perfect guy-" Gypsy cutes her off.


   "Mom, no!"


   "What?" Ms. Sharon says.


   "Just no, I know what you're about to say."


   "Well it's too late. It's already set up. He's and actor and he's very sweet! Baby, I'm not saying to fall for him instantly, but give him a chance. Please? For me?", her mother asks in a fake sad voice.


   "Ok mom, I will give it a try. I have a big day tomorrow, so I will call you tomorrow."


   "Alright sweetheart, I love you", that warmed Gypsy's heart.


   "I love you too. Goodnight."


   "Goodnight sweetheart"


   Shanell lays in bed thinking to herself, what did she get herself into. She tried to guess who it could be. Not able to sleep, she called her sister D. Woods. She knew her sister was going to freak when she heard the news. As she dials the number a knock was at the door...






TBC...
Danielle @TeamSNLTampa
Mercedes @_GypsyDoll

1 comment:

  1. oh my god I really like this part great story so I cant wait to read more very excited I like love shanell keep the story coming

    ReplyDelete